Commencement occurs in a public venue and will be recorded and photographed for distribution through various SF State outlets. All audience members (or parents/ guardians of minors attending the event) acknowledge that they may appear on these recordings and photographs by virtue of their attendance at or participation in Commencement, and agree to the University’s use of photographed or videotaped materials through the University’s websites, applications and other channels of communication.
The following ballpark rules will be enforced:
- Graduates or guests entering the playing field, or who throw (or attempt to throw) objects in the stands or onto the field, are subject to ejection and criminal prosecution. You will also be held liable for any fines and/or damage.
- No alcohol (this includes non-alcoholic beer and wine) or illegal drugs may be brought into Oracle Park. Anyone found drinking under the legal age, using illegal drugs, or breaking any other laws, will be subject to immediate ejection and criminal prosecution. Any guest perceived to be in an intoxicated or impaired state may be denied admission to the park.
- Oracle Park is a Smoke-Free ballpark. Electronic smoking and smoking by vaporization are included in this "Smoke-Free" designation and are prohibited. Guests who fail to comply with Oracle Park's No-Smoking policy may be asked to exit the ballpark.
- Guests should keep their ticket stubs with them at all times.
- Sealed plastic bottles and soft-sided juice containers containing non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in Oracle Park. Unsealed plastic bottles and soft-sided containers will be subject to inspection and may be confiscated. Glass and metal cans are not permitted. Alcoholic beverages cannot be brought into the ballpark.
- Items intended for sale or trade may not be brought onto Oracle Park property, including the main parking lot, without a permit or license.
- Air horns are prohibited in the park. These items may be confiscated.
- Large bags or containers measuring OVER 16" x 16" x 8" are NOT allowed into the ballpark. All permitted bags, including purses, briefcases, and diaper bags (smaller than 16" x 16" x 8") may be searched before entering the park. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to allow additional time when entering the park. All bags and containers are subject to search.
Service animals accompanying guests with disabilities are welcome at Oracle Park. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, service animals are defined as dogs and, in some cases, miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Other animals are prohibited. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal's work or the individual's disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls. Service animals must be under the control of their handler and be housebroken. Guests who need to "relieve" their service animal will be permitted to exit and re-enter the ballpark, subject to re-screening by security. Please have your ticket stamped by security personnel prior to exiting.
Paper and plastic grocery bags, purses, fanny packs, backpacks, lunch bags, diaper bags (backpack-style), soft-sided containers, handbags and briefcases are allowed into the ballpark as long as they do not exceed 16" x 16" x 8" in size. Schematic boxes are located at the gates for guests' reference. Oracle Park does not offer bag storage. All bags will be thoroughly inspected before they are permitted into the ballpark. Hard-sided coolers will not be permitted. Guests are encouraged to arrive early and to allow additional time to enter the ballpark.
Sealed plastic bottles and soft-sided juice containers are allowed in Oracle Park. Unsealed plastic bottles and soft-sided containers will be inspected and may be confiscated. Glass bottles and cans are not permitted in the ballpark. Alcoholic beverages (as well as non-alcoholic beer and wine) are not allowed in the park, regardless of container.
Secure bike parking is available on the Port walk between the viewing portals* and the Dignity Health Center. There is no charge for this service, but a donation can be made. All proceeds benefit the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition.
*Viewing portals will not be open during the Commencement ceremony.
Cameras and video equipment are allowed in Oracle Park. However, the equipment may not obstruct the view of others.
The elevators at Willie Mays Plaza and 2nd & King entrance provide access to all levels of the park. The elevators at Lefty O'Doul Plaza and Seals Plaza provide access to the Promenade Level only. In addition, at Willie Mays Plaza there is an escalator, which will move guests up before the ceremony and change direction after the graduate procession to bring guests down after the ceremony.
The First Aid Station, located on the Promenade Level behind Section 132, is open during the ceremony to provide evaluation and treatment to guests, for minor medical needs. Dignity Health's physicians, nurses and emergency medical personnel, staff the First Aid Station. King American Ambulance Service is available for medical emergencies.
Concessions will be open at Oracle Park to sell food and beverages (with the exception of alcohol). You may also bring in food and beverages. Please refer to the restrictions noted in "Bags, Containers and Coolers" and "Bottles and Cans" sections of the rules.
Guest Services personnel are stationed at the Guest Services Office, located behind Section 119 on the Promenade Level, for wheelchair requests, lost and found items, information about public transportation, lost and found children and parents, and a variety of other services. Concierge personnel are available to assist guests on the Virgin America Club and Oracle Suite levels, near the Willie Mays Clock Tower elevators.
If a guest has lost an item during the ceremony, he/she should contact the nearest Ballpark Operations or Guest Services staff member for assistance. Found items might also be turned into Ballpark Operations or Guest Services staff. Items will be held for one week. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity. Guests may call Guest Services at (415)972-2156 and leave a detailed description of the lost item, with the time, date and location of where they think the item was misplaced. Guests may also email Lost and Found at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) with this information.
For the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, noisemakers of any kind (e.g., air horns, etc.) are prohibited at Oracle Park.
For any of our graduates or guests who are looking for an area in Oracle Park for prayers please ask anyone from Guest Services to lead you to Suite #3. This room will be a private space.
For safety reasons Oracle Park does not allow in and out privileges.
There are 52 public restrooms (21 for men, 21 for women and 10 family) located on all levels throughout the ballpark. Restrooms on the Promenade and View levels are painted yellow for easy identification, and all contain baby-changing tables.
Women Restroom locations: Field: Section 108, 119, Wardrobe Room, under Bleachers at Section 142
Promenade: Section 107, 126, 131, 116 (by Willie Mays Tower)
Virgin America Club: Section 204, 213, 218, 226, 234
View: Section 305, 313, 319, 324, 330
Men's Restroom locations: Field: Section 110, 124; Wardrobe Room, Bleachers at Section 142
Promenade: Section 110, 123, 133, 116 (by Willie Mays Tower);
Virgin America Club: Section 204, 213, 218, 227, 234
View: Section 305, 311, 321, 328, 331
Family Restroom locations: Field: Section 113
Promenade: Section 126, 107 (exit area to Lefty O'Doul Plaza)
Section 142 (near center field scoreboard area)
Club: Section 213, 229
View: Section 313, 319
In accordance with San Francisco City Ordinance, Oracle Park is a Smoke-Free facility with no smoking areas. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the ballpark. Electronic smoking and any other vaporized smoking is not permitted anywhere inside Oracle Park.
Strollers are allowed into the ballpark. Fold-up strollers should be stored under your seat. Non-folding strollers should be checked at the Guest Services Office on the Promenade Level behind Section 119, or at concierge desks located on the Virgin America Club and Oracle Luxury Suite levels.