Graduating students and degree candidates who wish to participate in Commencement are required to wear SF State-specific academic attire.
The deadline to order regalia was May 8 (8:59 PDT).
Items ordered through the Herff Jones Regalia Site :
- Bachelor SFSU Custom Unit includes Gown, Cap & Tassel - $45.00 rental
- Master SFSU Custom Unit includes Gown, Cap & Tassel and Hood - $70.00 rental
- Bachelor or Master Gown only - $32.00 rental
- Cap only - $7.00
- Tassel only - $6.00
- Hood only - $25.00
- Grad Packs (regalia, diploma frame, announcements) are also available on this site in four different packages
- Shipping costs: $16.95 standard, $24.95 rush
- If interested in purchasing regalia, you can do so by selecting the “Purchase Custom Regalia” tile. Custom regalia takes 6 weeks to produce.
Items ordered through SFSU Bookstore:
- Honors cord (Bachelor gold/gold and Master purple/gold) - $13.00
- SFSU Custom Sash - $38.00
- Stole of Gratitude - $22.00
Gown and Hood Returns
To return home-shipped gowns (and hoods if rented) please use the pre-paid return shipping label which was included in your shipment and follow the instructions. You must return your gown by using the pre-paid shipping label by Monday, June 13th to avoid late fees.
If you rented your regalia at the SF State Bookstore please return the gown (and hood if rented) to the SF State Bookstore by June 13th during business hours.
Ordering regalia through the online order site will qualify you to receive up to one (1) graduate and seven (7) Commencement tickets. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the SFSU Bookstore:
- April 25 through May 20 (Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Saturday May 7; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 10; until 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12; until 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 14; 10 am – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, May 21; 10 am - 2 pm
- Monday, May 23; 9 am - 6pm
- Tuesday, May 24; 9 am - 6 pm
- Wednesday, May 25; 9 am - 6 pm
- Thursday, May 26; 9 am - 6 pm
You can have someone else pick-up your tickets if needed. Have them bring a copy of your student ID and the order confirmation to the SFSU Bookstore ticket pick-up and let the staff there know you are picking up on a graduating student’s behalf.
My order was wrong or didn’t include everything – what should I do?
Graduates with incorrect orders can reach out to Herff Jones for assistance by email or phone with incorrect orders. Please note that it is Herff Jones’ high season so it will require some patience contacting them.
800-837-4235 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When can I expect my order?
Cap and gown orders typically ship within 2-3 weeks from the time you ordered. Herff Jones has informed us they have entered the busy graduation season so it may arrive closer to your commencement ceremony date. Graduates will receive tracking information to the email address on your order when it ships.
This link can be used to check processing and shipping status for a regalia order: https://collegegrad.herffjones.com/order/inquiry
I received the wrong tassel - what should I do?
An email was sent from Herff Jones to all graduates who received an incorrect tassel stating:
It has come to our attention that you may have received the wrong year-dated tassel(s). We are in the process of sending out the correct 2022 tassel(s). These will arrive before your ceremony date. There is no need for you to return the incorrect tassel(s) and you will not be charged for it.